Swimsuit season is just around the corner, therefore, if you want to fill out those bikini bottoms with a bit more “oomph” I’ve got a simple, yet effective Pilates-based sequence of exercises to boost your bum in no time! And when done out on the water instead of a stuffy gym, you will reap all the extra benefits of fresh air, sunshine, and nature! Let’s get started!
SUP Pilates Butt Builders
For best results, complete all exercises on one leg before switching to the other side!
Exercise #1 – SUP Straight Leg Lifts
- Begin on all fours
- Extend your left leg behind you at hip height
- Lower the leg to tap your toes in the drink
- Repeat 10-15 reps or until your bum waves a white flag
Exercise #2 – SUP Straight Leg Crossovers
- Continue on with the same leg, extending it long behind you at hip height.
- Lower the leg to tap your toes in the water.
- Next, lift up and over and tap your toes in the water on the opposite side of the board.
- Repeat 10-15 reps or until your bum screams “uncle”.
Exercise #3 – SUP Bent Knee Tucks
- Once again, staying on all fours, lift up your bent same leg.
- Lower the top knee in the bent position, into the backside of the bottom knee.
- Repeat 10-15 reps or until your bum causes you to sing show tunes to keep your mind distracted from the pain.
Exercise #4 – One Legged Hip Thrusters
- Lie on your back, and extend arms overhead to hold your SUP.
- Bend both knees placing the same leg you’ve been working on the board, and extend the opposite leg straight up to the sky.
- Press into your foot on the board, and lift your hips up as high as you can.
- Repeat 10-15 reps, or until your butt throws in the towel…the sweat towel, that is.
Well done! (That’s what your butt will feel like!) Now it’s time to repeat on the other side! And when you are done, don’t forget stretch. Practice a few times each week and you will have the best-looking buns on the water!