Poenaiki RAIOHA, FOne’s Tahitian rider finished 2nd of the 4th stage of the STAND UP WORLD TOUR just behind Kai Lenny. Let’s have a look on his feelings after this high competition!
1. How was your competition? How did you feel on the water?
My competition was good, I felt confident, and I was not stressed. I was well trained and I wanted to do the maximum I can to win this stage.
I really gave the best on the water in all my heats.
2. Which board did you use? Why?
For the first round I used my 7’3 / 25. From the third round until the final I took my 7’2 / 24 to be more comfortable and did good maneuvers.
3. What were the conditions?
We were lucky because conditions were good. Waves were at least 1.50m on average.
4. Did you ever participate in this event?
Yes, last year I took part in this stage, but I was disqualified for interference in the third round.
5. How did you experience this final against Kai Lenny?
I’m already happy for having done this final against Kai Lenny, for bad luck I could not have waves at the right time. When there were waves, Kai Lenny had priority.
6. What are your goals now?
My goal is to go to “La Torche” now.
7. What are your upcoming competitions?
I will continue the tour next year.
8. What was your best heat and score?
I did my best heat in the semi-final against Brazilian Caio VA by recording 18.3 points. I really did everything to get this place in the final.